Given that Quordle is like Wordle but a lot harder, there’s no shame if you’re searching for the daily Quordle answers for game #208. Or rather ‘answers’ plural, as Quordle has four solutions to find each day.
If you’ve not played it yet, you should — it offers four times the fun of the original viral word game. But it’s arguably more than four times as difficult, as you only have nine guesses to find the quartet of words. (Some days Wordle is harder of course — although today’s Wordle answer is pretty simple.)
Like Wordle, it also resets each day, so if you miss one game you’ll have no way of knowing what the previous daily Quordle answers were. Well, unless you bookmark this page, in which case you’ll be able to check today’s Quordle answers at your leisure, as I’ll be updating it each morning.
But be warned: spoilers lie ahead for game #208, so only read on if you want to know today’s Quordle answers! And please don’t use this page to cheat and pretend to others that you got it right when you didn’t really. That would be a misuse of my hard work.
Today’s Quordle hints, game #208, Saturday, August 20
Before I get on to today’s Quordle answers, I’ll give you a few hints to guide you in the right direction. I’ve got three starter clues for you, then one big hint at the end. And after that I’ll tell you the answers, promise.
So, here are your starter clues:
- Only three vowels are used*
- One of the answers contains a repeated letter
- Two of the answers use vowels in two positions*
* By vowel I’m meaning A, E, I, O, U. There are other letters that are sometimes considered to be vowels, depending on how they are used.
The daily Quordle answers for game #208 are not too bad, but here’s another clue to give you an advantage with one of them anyway: One of today’s Quordle answers is someone who moves from place to place.
Sill stuck? Then let’s move on to the answers.
Today’s Quordle answers, game #208, Saturday, August 20
So, what are today’s Quordle answers for game #208?
I won’t make you wait any longer — here you go:
The daily Quordle answers for game #207 are not too bad as Quordles go — and certainly not as tricky as yesterday’s, which I failed.
You’ll still want a good strategy for it though, because Quordle is never easy. My approach involves playing three set words at the outset in order to eliminate or confirm as many common letters as possible.
At the moment, those three words are ORATE, DINGY and CLUBS, and they’ve so far given me decent results. Today’s result was fantastic: I had all five letters in either green or yellow for three puzzles, and four for the final two. Wow! That left me just two anagrams to solve and two letters to find.
The anagrams both came easily: CABIN in the bottom left and SNORT in the bottom right. By that stage I had four greens in the top left, so CANNY was simple too. NOMAD, in the top right, took a bit more thought but that eventually slotted into place and I got back into winning ways.
Hopefully you all solved it too.
Previous Quordle answers
If you’re looking for a list of older Quordle answers, we can also help. Here’s a list going back 20 games.
- Quordle #207: ASCOT, FEIGN, CHALK, EAGER
- Quordle #206: LOUSE, MANOR, RAJAH, THETA
- Quordle #205: SPINY, WALTZ, ORGAN, ALONE
- Quordle #204: SEIZE, BEGAN, PEACH, ANGST
- Quordle #203: GROAN, SCARE, FECAL, CLANK
- Quordle #202: AUDIO, DEALT, CHART, INBOX
- Quordle #201: FRUIT, FERAL, LATTE, EQUAL
- Quordle #200: CAROL, SORRY, SCONE, AZURE
- Quordle #199: BERET, CATTY, PUFFY, SPUNK
- Quordle #198: LOWLY, GHOST, BLAZE, BAYOU
- Quordle #197: DRYLY, SPANK, KNOCK, PUREE
- Quordle #196: CLIMB, WRIST, LEERY, PRONE
- Quordle #195: KNAVE, NEEDY, SKILL, GLOVE
- Quordle #194: MERRY, KNOCK, SHOVE, USUAL
- Quordle #193: AROMA, FIFTH, DRIVE, YEAST
- Quordle #192: FLUKE, VINYL, QUELL, TAKEN
- Quordle #191: CREST, PRIZE, MONTH, LEAST
- Quordle #190: REFIT, FAINT, OVERT, KAYAK
- Quordle #189: CLOUD, THORN, REHAB, WHINE
- Quordle #188: FIELD, WOKEN, BROWN, OVARY
What else should I know about Quordle?
Quordle is one of the many Wordle clones to have arrived in the wake of Wordle’s huge success. It’s essentially the same game, but you play four versions of it simultaneously and have nine attempts to guess all the answers.
The letters behave as they do in Wordle, turning green if they’re in the right place, yellow if they’re in the word but in the wrong location, and gray if they’re not included in the answer at all.
A nice extra is that though there’s only set puzzle per day, a practice mode is also included. And you might well need it, because it’s pretty difficult.
If Quordle is too tough for you, you might prefer something in our list of the best Wordle alternatives, but if you want an even more stressful test then we’d recommend either Squabble or Octordle.
We also like the new Heardle, which is like Wordle for pop music, plus the geography-based Wordle clone Worldle, the Star Wars-themed SWordle and the math-based Mathler, among others.
But the original is still the best, so don’t forget to also check our the best Wordle start words and to look at today’s Wordle answer if you won’t get a chance to play.